Role: Bartender / Waiter / Barista, Part Time
Tap Social is a craft brewery and hospitality social enterprise based in Oxfordshire. We create training and employment opportunities for ex-offenders by brewing criminally good beer and creating exciting and welcoming community spaces and hospitality venues. We are now seeking to expand the kitchen and front of house team at our latest venture, The White House, a cafe, pub and kitchen on Abingdon Road which we took over in 2020.
The White House encompasses a number of high quality offerings, all of which are delivered at the highest possible quality. We open early for coffee and popular homemade pastries, we take our drinks seriously - from our ever-changing selection craft beers, to our wine list and seasonal cocktail menu, and we have an outstanding kitchen, serving modern British gastronomic meals in a formal dinner service. As well as a fantastic function room that is booked most weekends for all manner of events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and reliable person to join us in the front of house team. FOH will be made up of people who are able to turn themselves to all jobs required on the floor - bar service, laying, waiting and clearing tables, running food and drink and communicating with all customers. We are happy to train new members in any areas they feel unsure of with the goal of having all FOH members rotate roles comfortably within a few months.
Suitable candidates should have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role and must have a proactive and friendly nature. A demonstrable interest in food and drink, a willingness to learn and ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- Run food and drink to tables
- Serve a variety of drinks from the bar
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen and other FOH team members
- Thoroughly set up all sections of the floor ready for a smooth service
- Maintain a clean and tidy house with very high standards of hygiene
- Retain information about the menus and be able to talk confidently about them with customers
- Assist the team with orderly stock control, receiving deliveries and storing safely
- Treat all customers in a helpful and friendly manner and assist them with their requests
What We Offer
- £10.00 per hour (plus tips via TRONC)
- 25% discount across all Tap Social venues
- Staff meal for those on double shifts
- Inclusive and fun atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for personal progression and learning
- Opportunity to be part of one of Oxford’s most progressive companies
How To Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
At The White House, we want to build an energetic, hard-working and socially responsible team. Let us know how you can demonstrate those qualities and why you’d like to work for Tap Social in your cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!