Tap Social is a craft brewery and hospitality social enterprise based in Oxfordshire. We create training and employment opportunities for ex-offenders by brewing criminally good beer and creating exciting and welcoming community spaces and hospitality venues. We are now seeking to expand the kitchen and front of house team at our latest venture, The White House, a cafe, pub and kitchen on Abingdon Road which we took over in 2020.
The White House operates an ‘all day dining’ menu, from homemade baked goodies at breakfast to light bites at lunch and with modern British gastro plates from 12-9pm. The menu is modern, seasonal and accessible to the Oxford community it serves. We make everything from scratch with a focus on process and quality of ingredients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and reliable person to join us as a Commis Chef. You will be responsible for your own section and will be required to prepare and plate savoury and sweet dishes under the direction of the Head and Sous Chefs.
Suitable candidates should have proven experience in a similar role and at least 1 years overall experience in commercial kitchens. A demonstrable interest in food, a willingness to learn and ability to work calmly under pressure is essential.
- Deliver consistent dishes to a set specification
- Check deliveries and ensure correct storage
- Maintain very high standards of kitchen hygiene
- Contribute to menu planning and development with Head Chef & Sous Chef
What We Offer
- £10.50-£12ph (plus tips via TRONC)
- Minimum 30 hours per week (maximum 45)
- 25% discount across all Tap Social venues
- Staff meal for those on double shifts
- Inclusive and fun atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for personal progression and learning
- Opportunity to be part of one of Oxford’s most progressive companies