Experience required: 2 years in a senior management role in a commercial bakery
Come and help us set up and run a brand new artisan bakery to supply Oxfordshire with doughnuts, pastries, breads and other treats!
Building on the success of our baking at The White House by Tap Social, we are opening a dedicated bakery in Oxford to meet demand for wholesale baked goods across Oxfordshire as well as in our own venues. Our focus to date has been on doughnuts, cakes and buns, but we are looking to extend this offering when we move into our new space. We are looking for a very special person with skills and creativity in the kitchen, as well as management experience to help us get this new project off the ground.
Tap Social works closely with several prisons whose staff and inmates have shaped our direction and ethos. We hire people currently serving and recently released from prison sentences and support them to develop new skills, learn about setting up and running small business and get real work experience in an engaging and fast-growing industry. The right candidate should actively support our ethos and will be responsible for the training and development of the bakery team.
About our Head Baker:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced baker who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge
- Proven experience of working in a senior management role in a commercial bakery, including managing budgeted GPs, maintaining *5 food hygiene and creating rotas
- Proven experience of seasonal product development to a high level
- Able to listen and collaborate with directors on the direction of the product list
- Able to work on the personal development of each team member through training and regular check-ins
- Excellent communication skills, approachable and calm under pressure
- Up to date Food Safety Level 2
- Keen to join a young & vibrant company and be willing to go the extra mile to help us grow
- That you share our values and a belief in our mission
- Experience and understanding of production baking, including lamination and sourdough
- Leadership skills - you will be training and managing your own team
What we offer:
We aim to build a fun, creative and value-driven team working to achieve excellence, be it in the brewery, the bar, the bakery or the kitchen. In return for your dedication and pastry folding skills you will get a company pension, on-site parking, great working conditions with good tools and equipment, an open and inclusive working environment, unlimited hot drinks and 25% off at all of our venues.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are firmly committed to inclusive recruitment. All applications will be considered without attention to race, religion, sex and sexual orientation, disability, gender or age.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you would like to become part of our team. We want to get baking as soon as possible, applications will be considered on a rolling basis with a flexible start date.