Tap Social is a craft brewery and hospitality social enterprise based in Oxfordshire. We create training and employment opportunities for ex-offenders by brewing criminally good beer and creating exciting and welcoming community spaces and hospitality venues. Due to increasing demand, we are now seeking to build on the wholesale bakery side of our business.
The White House, our main kitchen, also operates an ‘all day dining’ brunch style menu during the week, a larger brunch offering at the weekend and a ‘small plates’ casual dining experience in the evenings. The menu will be modern, seasonal and accessible to the Oxford community it serves.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and reliable person to join us as a chef who would split time between our growing bakery operation as well as assisting the team with the launch of our brunch menu. We are at a very exciting phase with huge demand for wholesale production on the bakery side, so we are looking for someone with the confidence to manage this demand, with the help and guidance of the Head Chef.
You will be responsible for your own section and will be required to bake a variety of fresh cakes, biscuits and sweet treats to be served at our own venue as well as being delivered to our wholesale customers across Oxfordshire. You will also be in charge of managing one other baker and should expect to be managing a small team in the future as the wholesale operation grows.
Separate from your duties as a baker, you will be required to help prepare and serve brunch and seasonal small plates at the White House. As a growing company, we are happy to see where your strengths and interests lie so that you can progress in a direction most suited to you. However, suitable candidates for this role must have proven baking experience and at least 3 years overall experience in restaurant or production kitchens. A demonstrable interest in food, a willingness to learn and ability to work calmly under pressure is essential.
- Maintain the current standard of baking and drive future production and creativity in this section
- Deliver consistent bakes to a set specification
- Place orders, check deliveries and ensure correct storage
- Maintain very high standards of kitchen hygiene
What We Offer
- £24,000 - £26,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25% discount across all Tap Social venues
- Inclusive and fun atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for personal progression and learning
- Opportunity to be part of one of Oxford’s most progressive companies