Tap Social Movement has an exciting opportunity for a full time production brewer to join our growing team in Oxford. Established in 2016, we are one of the few Social Enterprise breweries in the UK, working to create training and employment opportunities for disadvantaged groups, in particular those who’ve had contact with prison and the criminal justice system.
We brew a range of modern styles across keg and can, with small amounts of cask produced for our own venues. You will join us during a period of rapid growth with multiple new hospitality venues opening across Oxfordshire, and expansion of our brewing capacity to serve these in addition to growing wholesale demand.
As a brewer on the team you will have responsibility for all aspects of brewing, cellaring and packaging, and will report to our head brewer. We are a small and growing team, and this role will be a great opportunity for the right person to help us refine our processes and offer creative input at a key stage in our development. As we continue to grow the role will offer opportunities for increased responsibility as a lead member of the brewery team.
Main duties include:
- Wort production on main 20HL brewhouse and 9HL pilot kit
- Monitoring brewing and fermentation to ensure quality and consistency
- Packaging into all above mentioned formats, including use of canning line
- Cleaning and sterilisation of tanks, equipment and packaging areas
- Assisting with stock control and procurement
- Assisting with warehousing and storage
- Quality control and monitoring
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- An enthusiasm for making great craft beer and a positive attitude!
- 2 years’ experience in a commercial brewery
- Physically fit – the role will be physically demanding and involve frequent manual handling
- Strong communication skills, willingness to work within a team and support/supervise others
- Strong time management, attention to detail and an ability to work independently where necessary
- Forklift truck experience / license
- Brewing certificates or relevant qualifications in brewing or a related field
- Canning line experience
- Lab experience
- Full, clean driving license
- 40 hours per week with statutory holiday allowance
- Key role in a young, ambitious and growing Social Enterprise
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Staff discounts across our hospitality outlets
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com – or feel free to get in touch with any questions before applying.