Role: Supervisor at The White House, Full Time
Tap Social is a craft brewery and hospitality social enterprise based in Oxfordshire. We create training and employment opportunities for ex-offenders by brewing criminally good beer and creating exciting and welcoming community spaces and hospitality venues. We are now seeking to build the kitchen and front of house team at our latest venture, The White House - a cafe, bar and kitchen on Abingdon Road.
The White House will operate an ‘all day dining’ brunch style menu during the week, a larger brunch offering at the weekend and a small plates, casual dining experience in the evenings. The menu will be modern, seasonal and accessible to the Oxford community it serves. The building will also operate two bars serving coffee, craft beer, wine and cocktails to a seating capacity of 80 (indoors) and 85 (outdoors).
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and reliable person to join our front of house team as a Supervisor. The perfect candidate for this role will be someone who can confidently lead our FOH team across all customer facing areas. Skills across floor, bar service, laying, waiting and clearing tables, running food and drink and communicating efficiently with all customers are key. They will assist with rolling out training to all new members of staff with the goal of having all FOH members rotating roles comfortably within their first few months of employment and achieving a consistent, good quality level of service. An understanding of digital ordering and booking systems is also essential as we implement and develop them.
Suitable candidates should have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role and must have a proactive and friendly nature. A demonstrable interest in food and drink, a willingness to learn and ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- Leading the team on shifts
- Understanding and management of digital ordering & bookings systems
- Assisting management team with training and staff development
- Run food and drink to tables
- Serve a variety of drinks from the bar
- Assist the team with orderly stock control, receiving deliveries and storing safely
- Treat all customers in a helpful and friendly manner and assist them with their requests
What We Offer
- £10.00 per hour (plus tips via TRONC)
- 25% discount across all Tap Social venues
- Staff meal for those on double shifts
- Inclusive and fun atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for personal progression and learning
- Opportunity to be part of one of Oxford’s most progressive companies
How To Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
At The White House, we want to build an energetic, hard-working and socially responsible team. Let us know how you can demonstrate those qualities and why you’d like to work for Tap Social in your cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!