Tap Social Movement is seeking an experienced sales manager to join the team at our fast-growing Social Enterprise brewery in Oxford. The brewery is at a key inflection point in its growth journey. Having recently made very significant investment in production capacity at a new brewery site, we are in a position to service larger volumes and are targeting a step change in sales through external channels as we develop the brand across a wider geographic footprint. This will require establishing and building a number of new large, strategic customer accounts to underpin volume growth.
As one of the very few Social Enterprise breweries in the UK, we offer a unique opportunity to use and develop existing experience in building sales volumes in both the on and off-trade, while generating and being part of meaningful social impact.
The right candidate will work closely with the directors and brewery team to execute the longer term commercial strategy during a key phase of expansion, and manage the existing sales team to deliver sustainable growth. The right candidate will drive the sales volumes and gross margin of our range of draft and small pack product directly through the on and off trade and wholesale distribution channels, in addition to working with the marketing team to drive growth in b2c/online sales. Experience in a small, growing brewery and understanding of the wider challenges of production and logistics will be a bonus.
- Manage, develop and coach existing sales resources as required, including overseeing target setting and achievement
- Maintain close relationships with existing wholesale distribution partners to maximise sales, and develop and grow new relationships with partners in key distribution target areas
- Execute and build on a channel-led sales strategy to grow direct distribution, volume, and customer satisfaction across new and existing business while maintaining target margins
- Develop and cement successful strategic trading relationships with local or regional on-trade groups to further develop regional footprint and baseline volumes
- Manage and support existing accounts to maximise potential revenues and improve customer experience
- Generate a new business pipeline in the on- and off trade within our delivery region, and drive expansion to new markets across the South of England
- Provide accurate and timely sales and order forecasts and communicate these effectively with the brewery team to inform production scheduling. Maintain CRM database, order and pre-order books.
- Host and attend industry events as brand ambassador for both our products and our social impact
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the craft beer/alcohol industry
- Strong, industry knowledge and proven track record in developing new business and hitting sales targets
- Excellent self organisation and ability to manage own schedule effectively
- Effective use of modern productivity software packages
- Enthusiastic, engaging, resilient, and energetic personality
- Full Driving License
- Eligible to work in the UK
Salary and Benefits
- £35k - £40k base salary depending on experience, including vehicle allowance
- Additional target driven commission pay
- Staff discount across our hospitality venues
- Staff pension scheme
- Travel mileage