We are looking for an experienced baker to work alongside our Head Baker and baking team at Proof Social Bakehouse (OX1 5RP).
Experience required: at least one year in a commercial bakery
In August 2022 we opened a brand new, purpose built bakery in Oxford to meet demand for wholesale baked goods across Oxfordshire as well as in our own venues. We are producing bread, pastries, savoury goods, cakes and buns, doughnuts and more.
Tap Social works closely with several prisons whose staff and inmates have shaped our direction and ethos. We hire people currently serving and recently released from prison sentences and support them to develop new skills, learn about setting up and running small business and get real work experience in an engaging and fast-growing industry. The right candidate should actively support our ethos.
Main responsibilities and required skills:
- Experience and understanding of production baking, including lamination and sourdough
- Proven experience of seasonal product development to a high level
- Assisting senior bakers with day to day bakery production and supervising junior baking team
- Weighing, mixing, proving, baking and decorating a range of cakes, pastries and breads with great attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop in a positive and encouraging environment
- Carry out all baking duties with care and diligence to help guarantee the production of consistently high standard of product, along with minimal levels of wastage
- Working as part of a team, learning and sharing skills and assisting in developing a positive and exciting environment for the team to work and develop in
What we offer:
We aim to build a fun, creative and value-driven team working to achieve excellence, be it in the brewery, the bakery or kitchen. In return for your dedication and baking skills you will get a company pension, on-site parking, great working conditions with good tools and equipment and an open and inclusive working environment, not to mention a fridge stocked with Tap’s criminally good beer.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to become part of our team - to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with a start date as soon as possible.
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Rate: £28-30,000 per annum based on experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are firmly committed to inclusive recruitment. All applications will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, gender orientation or identity or disability status etc.
If you are interested in this position please email a CV and, more importantly a covering letter explains why you would like to become part of our team
*Tap Social is an Oxfordshire-based craft brewery and hospitality social enterprise that provides training and employment opportunities to ex-offenders and welcoming, inclusive spaces for the whole community. Over the first 5 years of our operations and despite the major challenges of COVID for the sector, we have transformed the lives of dozens of ex-offenders by creating meaningful jobs in our own business and by brokering employment opportunities for ex-offenders with our network of partner employers. We’re a rapidly growing business and this growth supports the creation of more job opportunities for ex-offenders, as well as spreading our message of inclusive recruitment more widely, ultimately scaling our social impact.